2 tsp cumin seeds
squeeze bean stew chips
2 tbsp olive oil
, washed and coarsely ground (no compelling reason to peel)
140g split red lentils
1l hot vegetable stock (from a block is fine)
also, naan bread, to serve
- Warmth a huge pot and dry-sear 2 tsp cumin seeds and a touch of stew drops for 1 min, or until the point when they begin to hop around the dish and discharge their smells.
- Scoop out about half with a spoon and put aside. Include 2 tbsp olive oil, 600g coarsely ground carrots, 140g split red lentils, 1l hot vegetable stock and 125ml drain to the dish and convey to the bubble.
- Stew for 15 mins until the point that the lentils have swollen and diminished.
- Whizz the soup with a stick blender or in a nourishment processor until smooth (or abandon it thick in the event that you incline toward).
- Season to taste and complete with a touch of plain yogurt and a sprinkling of the held toasted flavors. Present with warmed naan breads.